|| Super berry smoothie ||
This is hands down my favourite smoothie recipe! It turns out perfectly every time and it gives me a little pep in my step to start the day. It is super simple to prepare and everyone loves it!
Amounts depend on size of blender and how many people will be having the smoothie. This recipe is good for one large smoothie or 4 smaller portions. I typically don’t measure so these are rough estimates.
- 1 -1.5 cups of frozen berries (I prefer the blends with strawberries, blueberries and bananas).
- If not using frozen berries with added bananas you will need to add half a banana (more ripe is better).
- 1 cup of hemp milk (eye ball depending on the consistency you want).
- Tablespoon of Hemp Hearts.
- 1/4 cup of kale or a handful.
- Tablespoon of coconut oil,
- 1-2 tablespoons of organic, natural, unsweetened nut butter (I used peanut butter).
Blend to desired consistency adding more liquid if desired.
Smoothies are fast, healthy and delicious. You can take them for a quick breakfast or whip them ups as a nice snack.
My good friend @ northofbloom.com has some great smoothie recipes on her site. The smoothie pictured above is her green smoothie recipe which is super healthy and gives a great burst of energy. It is delicious and one that should be a mainstay in anyone’s smoothie repertoire.
Sometimes, I make a slight modification to this smoothie and instead of using pineapple, I add mixed berries for some different flavours and nutrients.
Another favourite smoothie of mine is one that I have dubbed the super berry bliss smoothie.
It consists of bananas, mixed berries, about a cup of nut milk, goji berries and about a table spoon of almond butter. You can also add a leafy green but sometimes, depending on the ratios you add, this can make the drink look a little bit brown.
There are so many great ways to incorporate smoothies into your every day life and endless recipes and combinations that you can try.