Do you ever have those days where absolutely everything gets to you? No matter how hard you try to get out of a funk or an annoyed feeling, you just can’t shake it? For me, today was that day. When I get in these moods, I know I NEED to just get out of the house and take my mind off of things for a little while. I have whole-heartedly enjoyed being on maternity leave for these 11 months and I will obviously sad to leave my baby to go to work but, there are definitely some days where I would do anything to get out of the house alone! Today I was not feeling like I was being my best mom at all. Usually on those days, I know what I need to do to feel a bit better.
So, because today was one of those days I decided to try to ignore all the things that were driving me crazy at home and get out of the house.
Here are some things I try do when the mom life gets the better of me:
- Go for a walk – this is something I definitely need to do more often (hard when it’s -1000 degrees outside)
- Make a coffee, or get a coffee and get out of the house – either way have a coffee (or tea, tea is probably better)
- Go to a favourite place like the farmers market, a coffee shop, a park, etc.
- Take a minute – things can wait (constantly have to remind myself of this one)
- Watch a favourite show – I am currently watching Jane the Virgin on Netflix – pretty good!
- Visit with a friend
- Do my Beautycounter spa routine! Nourishing Cleanser, Charcoal Face Mask, Balancing oil. Instant refresh!
Self care can take on many forms! Here are some things some other moms said they do to relax and recharge:
Go for a walk and listen to music
Blare music while running
Take the dog to the beach
Have a bath
Shower & face mask
Browse Whole Foods
Go for a drive
Go to the gym
Do something creative with the kids like a craft or something fun
What do you do to relax and recharge? tell us below in the comments!